Here's another quick and easy recipe, jam-packed with nutrients! And it only requires 5 ingredients: Quinoa, Pesto, Asparagus, Spinach, Chicken. You can parmesan to make it 6 ingredients, but that is just a topping after cooking!
Prep time: 20 minutes
2 Bonless Skinless Chicken Breast
3 Cups of Cooked Qunioa
1 Bag (2-3 cups of) Fresh Baby Spinach
1 Cup of Chopped Asparagus
3 Tablespoons of Pesto
1. Cook Quinoa according to the package directions in a medium to large saucepan. One cup of uncooked quinoa boiled in 2 cups of water, should make 3 cups.
3. Bake 2 chicken breast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until completely cooked. Let stand for a few minutes, then cube it into 1/2 inch chunks.
4. Once the quinoa is cooked, turn off the stove and add the pesto. When the pesto is mixed, then add the spinach and asparagus. Once the veggies are added, cover the saucepan until the chicken is done.
5. When the chicken is done, add it to quinoa mixture, stir, and cover for 4 minutes.
6. Serve up and sprinkle parmesan, if you want more flavor! Enjoy.
This is a recipe that I make once every other month because I can double it and make a large batch. A large batch will make about 6 meals, if not more!
See ya next Tuesday!
You now have random access to MEGHANN!