I don't know what it is about the Fall and Winter, but I always crave food that reminds me of home... especially food that tends to be on the unhealthy side! Although Shepard's Pie is jampacked with veggies, the gluten and the starch makes it not so. This version is gluten and dairy free, and super easy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
1.5 lbs of ground beef
2 peeled and chopped carrots
1 chopped yellow onion
1 cup of chopped green beans
1 cup of frozen corn
6 oz can of tomato paste
1 cup of beef broth
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of garlic
Pinch of onion powder
Pinch of Italian seasoning
2 gluten free pie crust (or gluten if you can eat it!)
Or completely omit the pie crust
Mash potato recipe
1. Peel and cube the potatoes.
2. Put in large pot with water to cover all the potatoes
3. Bring to boil
4. Boil for about 12 minutes or until you poke a cube with a fork and it falls off (aka potato is soft)
5, Drain all the water
6. Mash all the potatoes
7, Add a whole stick of butter cubed and pinch of salt
8. Continue mashing until combined
9. Set aside
Pie Recipe -
Preheat oven at 375
1. Follow the crust instructions, usually you have to cook for a little bit before adding filling.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large sauce pan, and add salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic, and onion powder.
3. Once brown, add bone broth, tomato paste, and vegetables.
4. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes
5. Add the ground beef mixture to the pie crust
6. Spread a layer of the mash potatoes over the filling, making sure that there are no bare spots. It should be about an inch thick.
7. Cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are brown
8. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve!
You now have random access to MEGHANN!